The report was based on an analysis of data published by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In 2016, there were 290,910 US professionals and managers employed in the PR industry, just 5,000 jobs short of the peak employment level in 2009.
The number of PR jobs increased 4% in 2016 and 5% in 2015, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- PR Industry Survey: The Tactics and Skills Rising in Importance
- Seven Questions to Ask When Hiring a PR Agency
- How to Select the Best Media Monitoring Platform for Your Marketing and PR Needs
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital PR Influencers
- Show the PR Love: How to Build Relationships With the Media