The report was based on an analysis of data published by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In 2016, there were 290,910 US professionals and managers employed in the PR industry, just 5,000 jobs short of the peak employment level in 2009.
The number of PR jobs increased 4% in 2016 and 5% in 2015, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Don't Wait, Get Your Brand 'Crisis-Ready' Now: Melissa Agnes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most and Least Important PR and Corporate Communications Tactics and Trends
- PR Measurement Is All About Outputs, Outtakes, and Outcomes: Shonali Burke on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- If It Can Happen to Crock-Pot, It Can Happen to You: Four Steps to Make Your Brand Crisis-Ready
- How to Choose the Right Martech and PRtech Solutions