The report was based on an analysis of data published by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In 2016, there were 290,910 US professionals and managers employed in the PR industry, just 5,000 jobs short of the peak employment level in 2009.
The number of PR jobs increased 4% in 2016 and 5% in 2015, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Consumers Expect From a Brand in Crisis
- How to Leverage Sales Teams for PR and Content Marketing
- How Not to Email Journalists: The 10 Biggest Pitch Mistakes
- 10 Ultimate Browser Extensions and Digital Tools for Growth Marketing
- Don't Wait, Get Your Brand 'Crisis-Ready' Now: Melissa Agnes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]