The report was based on data from a survey of 600 US Millennials who are in college, or have completed some college work, or have already obtained a college degree. The researchers also surveyed 300 Gen Xers.
Nearly half of Millennials say they would use an extra $1,000 to pay down or pay off debt.
Other popular responses include making a small purchase (under $100), using the money for travel, saving for a rainy day, and investing.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]