The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2017 among 4,028 global consumers age 18 and older who have shopped online within the past year.
Some 60% of respondents say they have left a brand's website or app without making a purchase because shipping was too expensive.
The second most common reason cited by consumers for abandoning e-commerce sites and apps is being unable to find the products they were looking for.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Consumers Discover New Retail Brands
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]