High shipping cost is the top reason consumers abandon e-commerce sites and apps without purchasing, according to recent research from Episerver.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2017 among 4,028 global consumers age 18 and older who have shopped online within the past year.
Some 60% of respondents say they have left a brand's website or app without making a purchase because shipping was too expensive.
The second most common reason cited by consumers for abandoning e-commerce sites and apps is being unable to find the products they were looking for.
That's followed by price concerns (finding a better deal, learning that the cost is more than expected, etc.) and various other considerations:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2017 among 4,028 global consumers ages 18 and older who have shopped online with the last year.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What Makes Customer Service Experiences Great or Terrible?
- The Role of Authenticity in the Online Path to Purchase [Infographic]
- How Americans Feel About Artificial Intelligence
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services