The report was based on data from a survey conducted in January 2018 among a nationally representative sample of 2,002 adults age 18 and older who live in the United States.
Three-quarters (74%) of American adults say they have read a book in the previous 12 months in any format. That proportion has held fairly steady since 2012.
Some 67% of respondents say they have read a print book in the previous year, 26% have read an e-book, and 18% have listened to an audiobook.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age
- What Shoppers Want: Salesforce and Publicis.Sapient Research on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Staggering Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- What Online Shoppers Value Most in Their Favorite Retailer [Infographic]