The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October 2017 among 329 senior marketers who work for firms in a wide range of B2C and B2B verticals.
Some 69% of respondents expect to expand their teams this year, and 28% expect their team size to remain the same. Only 3% of marketers expect their team size to shrink.
Digital talent is the most in demand, with 59% of respondents saying they want to hire digital marketing staff, and 43% of respondents say they want to hire creative services talent:
The most in-demand areas of expertise within digital marketing are digital advertising, content creation/curation, email, and content strategy:
The most in-demand areas of expertise within creative services are graphic design, copywriting, interaction design, user interface (UI), and Web design:
Digital marketing is the area with the biggest imbalance between the share of employers who are looking for talent and the share of marketers who are looking for new job opportunities, the analysis found:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October 2017 among 329 senior marketers who work for firms in a wide range of B2C and B2B verticals.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Reach the Right Candidates With Programmatic Recruitment
- Digital Marketing Salary Trends for 2022
- The Top 10 Workplace Skills Trending on Search [Infographic]
- Four Ways Marketers Can Triumph Over the 'Great Resignation'
- 12 Tips for Making a Standout LinkedIn Profile [Infographic]
- The Top Benefits of Hybrid and Remote Work According to CEOs [Infographic]