The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Some 72% of marketers say lead metrics are very important, and 55% say engagement metrics are very important.
However, only 63% think their business leaders view lead metrics as very important, and just 36% think their business leaders view engagement metrics as very important.
B2B marketers say their business leaders instead value revenue and conversion metrics more:
B2B marketers say they track marketing metrics primarily to optimize future campaigns (79% cite that as a motivation), evaluate marketing channels (77%), and measure the success of messaging (62%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Continue reading "The Metrics That Matter to B2B Marketers and Business Leaders" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- How to Implement Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: Rajkumar Venkatesan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Email Metrics to Optimize Your Campaigns [Infographic]
- Analyzing the Analyst: A Guide to Holistic Analytics for Tracking the Right Metrics
- Measuring Customer LTV: Marketers' Top Approaches and Challenges
- Seven B2B Sales Metrics That Can Help You Plan Your Marketing Strategy