The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Some 72% of marketers say lead metrics are very important, and 55% say engagement metrics are very important.
However, only 63% think their business leaders view lead metrics as very important, and just 36% think their business leaders view engagement metrics as very important.
B2B marketers say their business leaders instead value revenue and conversion metrics more:
B2B marketers say they track marketing metrics primarily to optimize future campaigns (79% cite that as a motivation), evaluate marketing channels (77%), and measure the success of messaging (62%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Chin up, Marketers: The Demise of Third-Party Cookies Isn't All Bad
- How to Marry Offline and Online Attribution Data for a 360 View in Google Analytics
- How B2B Marketers Can Absorb and Apply Data Effectively: Six Questions Answered
- How to Match Your Key Metrics to Your Content Goals
- Five Web Analytics Tools to Help You Optimize and Measure Marketing ROI