The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Some 72% of marketers say lead metrics are very important, and 55% say engagement metrics are very important.
However, only 63% think their business leaders view lead metrics as very important, and just 36% think their business leaders view engagement metrics as very important.
B2B marketers say their business leaders instead value revenue and conversion metrics more:
B2B marketers say they track marketing metrics primarily to optimize future campaigns (79% cite that as a motivation), evaluate marketing channels (77%), and measure the success of messaging (62%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2018 among 185 marketers who work for B2B technology companies in North America and Europe.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- Three Data-Led Content Marketing Predictions for 2024
- Your First-Party Data Journey: Key Milestones for Maximizing Value
- Revolutionizing B2B Brand Monitoring With AI-Powered Insights | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Google Analytics 4 and Paid Media: How to Get the Best Performance Out of GA4
- Mastering the Revenue Attribution Puzzle: Tish Millsap on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Marketing Attribution | Marketing Smarts Live Show