Do people tend to smile or not smile in their LinkedIn profile photos? Is attire usually formal, business casual, or casual? How do profile photos differ among industries and by gender?
JDP analyzed 2,000 LinkedIn profile photos for workers in 11 industries: education, finance/banking, government, health/wellness/fitness, healthcare, HR/recruiting, IT/computer science, marketing/advertising/PR, real estate, retail, and sales/business development.
Just over three-quarters (76%) of the people in the photos examined had a full smile, some 12% had a tight-lipped smile, and another 12% had no smile.
Some 42% of the people in the photos examined were wearing business-casual clothing.
Check out the infographic for more insights from the study:
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 2,000 LinkedIn profile photos for workers in 11 industries.
Continue reading "The LinkedIn Profile Photo: What an Analysis of 2,000 Images Found" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Become an Innovative B2B Marketer: Integrating Innovation Into Professional Development Plans
- 15 Career Lessons From Successful Founders [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]