Do people tend to smile or not smile in their LinkedIn profile photos? Is attire usually formal, business casual, or casual? How do profile photos differ among industries and by gender?
JDP analyzed 2,000 LinkedIn profile photos for workers in 11 industries: education, finance/banking, government, health/wellness/fitness, healthcare, HR/recruiting, IT/computer science, marketing/advertising/PR, real estate, retail, and sales/business development.
Just over three-quarters (76%) of the people in the photos examined had a full smile, some 12% had a tight-lipped smile, and another 12% had no smile.
Some 42% of the people in the photos examined were wearing business-casual clothing.
Check out the infographic for more insights from the study:
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 2,000 LinkedIn profile photos for workers in 11 industries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]
- Burned Out But Staying: The State of Today's Workforce [Infographic]
- What's Driving the 'Great Resignation': A Look at Why Workers Quit
- Has B2B Sales Gotten Easier or Harder Since 2020?
- How to Cultivate Curiosity Throughout Your Career [Infographic]