Most owners of small and midsize businesses (SMBs) say they work for more than three hours on the weekend and check business-related emails, calls, and texts during their free time, according to recent research from GetResponse.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July 2018 among 4,237 SMB owners.
Some 91% of respondents say they do some work on the weekends, with 21% of them saying they work 1-2 hours, on average; 33% saying they work 3-5 hours; 24% saying they work 6-10 hours; and 14% saying they work more than 15 hours.
Some 93% of SMB owners say they check their business-related emails, calls, and texts during their free time.
Nearly half (48%) of SMB owners say they never take a break from thinking about work.
Nearly one-third (32%) of of SMB owners who used to work a corporate job say they started their own business to have a better work-life balance.
Some 92% of respondents say it is important for them to balance their work and their personal life.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July 2018 among 4,237 SMB owners.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Has B2B Sales Gotten Easier or Harder Since 2020?
- How to Cultivate Curiosity Throughout Your Career [Infographic]
- What Employers Look for When Hiring Social Media Managers
- Many Roads to CMO: The Backgrounds of 20 Top Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Reach the Right Candidates With Programmatic Recruitment
- Digital Marketing Salary Trends for 2022