What are some of the most prevalent technical and search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes on e-commerce websites? Which technology, security, performance, and content issues are many firms struggling with?
To find out, SEMRush used its Site Audit tool to analyze 1,300 e-commerce websites from around the world.
The researchers identified 80 relatively widespread technical and SEO mistakes.
Those issues had to do with crawlability (29% of the sites examined had broken canonical URLs), linking (53% had broken external links), content (83% had duplicate pieces), and security (72% of HTTPS sites had links to HTTP pages).
Check out the infographic for the full list of common technical and SEO issues on e-commerce sites:
About the research: The researchers used the SEMRush Site Audit tool to analyze 1,300 e-commerce websites and identify 80 common technical and SEO mistakes.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Websites:
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners