Although the use of marketing automation is increasingly widespread, most businesses say they still need to improve their capabilities in various key areas, according to recent research from Act-On and London Research.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in the first quarter of 2019 among 501 marketers from around the world who work for either brands or agencies. Most respondents are B2B-focused.
Some 60% of marketers surveyed say they need to improve their ability to integrate marketing automation tools into their other systems, 59% say they need to improve how they use marketing automation to optimize campaigns, 56% say they need to improve their marketing automation execution, 56% say they need to improve their marketing automation strategy, and 53% say they need to improve how they use marketing automation analytics.
Marketers who work for brands say measuring ROI is the biggest challenge with marketing automation (49% cite it), whereas marketers who work for agencies say a lack of internal knowledge is the biggest challenge with marketing automation (56%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- How Consumers Feel About Brands' Use of AI
- Navigating Your (Marketing) Future With a Digital Map: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]