The report was based on an analysis of the tenures of CMOs at 100 of the most advertised US brands as of December 31, 2018. Of the 100 brands examined, 94 have CMOs. Spencer Stuart has been conducting its analysis of CMO tenures for the past 15 years.
The average tenure for chief marketing officers at the brands examined decreased to 43 months from 44 months in 2017.
Although the average tenure was 43 months, the median tenure was much shorter: 27.5 months.
That median number was also down from 2017 (31 months).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the tenures of CMOs at 100 of the most-advertised US brands as of December 31, 2018.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Working Brilliantly From Home: Push Mind and Body's Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]