Most people say they feel frustrated when they encounter AI-powered communication options from brands and are not able to talk to a human, according to recent research from Invoca and The Harris Poll.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2019 among 2,048 US adults age 18 and older.
Some 52% of respondents say they feel frustrated when a company has only automated communications, such as artificial intelligence-powered chatbots, with no option for human interaction.
Some 18% say they feel angry. But 16% say they like the experience.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Personalization vs. Intrusion: How a Mix of Artificial and Human Intelligence Can Create Balance
- Navigating Your (Marketing) Future With a Digital Map: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 10 Ultimate Browser Extensions and Digital Tools for Growth Marketing