The report was based on an analysis of search-driven volume to the TrustRadius platform, which has more than 232,000 verified reviews of B2B technology products across a wide range of categories.
The researchers looked at the volume of Google search impressions from March 9 through April 6, 2020, to specific categories and products, and then compared that data with pre-pandemic search impressions.
The biggest increase in interest since March 9 has been in the telemedicine software category, with search impressions up 613%.
That's followed by the electronic signature (+511%), Web conferencing (+500%), mobile app development (+366%), antivirus (+357%), remote desktop (+281%), video platforms (+265%), webinar (+226%), Web portal (+199%), and live chat (+194%) categories.
The researchers found interest in certain areas may have peaked, with search impressions down slightly in the seven-day period preceding April 6 for the telemedicine, Web conferencing, electronic signature, remote desktop, video platform, and live chat categories.
On the other hand, search impressions continue to grow in other areas, such as for the mobile app development, antivirus, and webinar categories.
The products with the biggest spikes in interest since March 9 on the TrustRadius platform are Intermedia AnyMeeting (Web conferencing category), Google Classroom (learning management system), Blackboard Collaborate (Web conferencing), Zoom (Web conferencing), and Webex Events (webinar).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of search-driven volume to the TrustRadius platform, which has more than 232,000 verified reviews of B2B technology products across a wide range of categories.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now
- Seven Ways Businesses Can Harness the Speed of Technology to Reduce Customer Churn
- How AI-Powered Marketing Tools Will Help SMBs
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Six Lead Generation Tools to Improve ROI on Your B2B Marketing Funnel
- Worse Than a Black Hole? The Complexity of B2B Martech Stacks