The average salary for female senior marketing executives for the time period examined was $212,898, and the average bonus was $56,229.
That compares with an average base salary of $209,525 and an average bonus of $53,388 for male senior marketing executives.
Compensation varied significantly by company size:
- Senior marketers at large (250+ staff members) companies earnrf an average salary of $236,186.
- Senior marketers at micro (1-9 staff members) earning an average salary of $175,057.
Three-quarters of senior marketers say they gained stature and influence within their organization last year and 83% say marketing is viewed as a vital contributor to business value by the executive team.
Some 84% of senior marketers say their compensation is directly tied to business performance, suggesting that salaries and bonuses are unlikely to rise in 2020.
Continue reading "CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- LinkedIn's Top Companies to Work for in 2022 [Infographic]
- The Top Challenges Women Face in Revenue-Generating Roles
- The Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Data on Marketing Jobs: 'The Great Reshuffle' Is Real
- How Employers Can Foster a Stronger Culture and Reduce Burnout
- The State of B2B Marketing Training