The average salary for female senior marketing executives for the time period examined was $212,898, and the average bonus was $56,229.
That compares with an average base salary of $209,525 and an average bonus of $53,388 for male senior marketing executives.
Compensation varied significantly by company size:
- Senior marketers at large (250+ staff members) companies earnrf an average salary of $236,186.
- Senior marketers at micro (1-9 staff members) earning an average salary of $175,057.
Three-quarters of senior marketers say they gained stature and influence within their organization last year and 83% say marketing is viewed as a vital contributor to business value by the executive team.
Some 84% of senior marketers say their compensation is directly tied to business performance, suggesting that salaries and bonuses are unlikely to rise in 2020.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- The 10 Traits B2B Buyers and Managers Value Most in Salespeople
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs