The average salary for female senior marketing executives for the time period examined was $212,898, and the average bonus was $56,229.
That compares with an average base salary of $209,525 and an average bonus of $53,388 for male senior marketing executives.
Compensation varied significantly by company size:
- Senior marketers at large (250+ staff members) companies earnrf an average salary of $236,186.
- Senior marketers at micro (1-9 staff members) earning an average salary of $175,057.
Three-quarters of senior marketers say they gained stature and influence within their organization last year and 83% say marketing is viewed as a vital contributor to business value by the executive team.
Some 84% of senior marketers say their compensation is directly tied to business performance, suggesting that salaries and bonuses are unlikely to rise in 2020.
Continue reading "CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Become an Innovative B2B Marketer: Integrating Innovation Into Professional Development Plans
- 15 Career Lessons From Successful Founders [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]