The report was based on data from a survey of 120+ marketers who work for app development firms.
Some 55% of respondents rate full-screen video ads as moderately or most effective in encouraging app installs.
Other highly rated methods include in-feed video ads (41% of respondents rate as moderately or most effective) and social video ads (40%).
Marketers' budgets map closely to perceived channel effectiveness. The highest-rated approaches for driving app installs (full-screen video ads, in-feed video ads, and social video ads) also received the greatest share of spend:
Respondents say the top targeting parameters for user acquisition (UA) app marketing campaigns are geography and operating system (OS):
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 120+ marketers who work for app development firms.
Continue reading "The Most Effective Marketing Tactics for Driving App Installs" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation
- Audiences' Attitudes Toward Mobile Ads and Apps [Infographic]
- Why B2B Apps Need App Store Optimization Now More Than Ever