The report was based on data from a survey of 120+ marketers who work for app development firms.
Some 55% of respondents rate full-screen video ads as moderately or most effective in encouraging app installs.
Other highly rated methods include in-feed video ads (41% of respondents rate as moderately or most effective) and social video ads (40%).
Marketers' budgets map closely to perceived channel effectiveness. The highest-rated approaches for driving app installs (full-screen video ads, in-feed video ads, and social video ads) also received the greatest share of spend:
Respondents say the top targeting parameters for user acquisition (UA) app marketing campaigns are geography and operating system (OS):
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 120+ marketers who work for app development firms.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation