Marketers say they face a key measurement dilemma with programmatic advertising: Their bosses want a clear sense of how media is performing, but it's often difficult to report ROI with accuracy.
The report from MediaMath and Forrester Research was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 221 US marketing decision-makers who influence or direct their firm's digital media buying strategy.
Some 94% of respondents say executives at their firm scrutinize how digital media spend is performing.
However, only one-third of marketers say their organization can demonstrate and report the ROI of programmatic media spend with complete accuracy:
More than half (55%) of respondents say the fact that data is siloed within buying and selling systems is a key issue that makes the programmatic supply chain less transparent.
Some 37% of marketers say not having enough visibility into media performance across touchpoints poses a significant challenge with programmatic platforms.
About the research: The report from MediaMath and Forrester Research.was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 221 US marketing decision-makers who influence or direct their firm's digital media buying strategy.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Measurement & Analytics Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Measurement & Analytics:
- How to Design a Customer Health Score: Seven Focus Areas
- The Five Key Metrics Every CMO Should Be Tracking [Infographic]
- Why Event Organizers Are Ditching Vanity Metrics—And Choosing These Metrics Instead
- Top 5 Marketing Agency Metrics to Measure
- Stepping Out of the Dark Funnel: How to Shed Light on What Is Not Registered by Your Pixels (Article 2 of 2)
- Four Common Content Reporting Challenges and How to Fix Them