What are the salary ranges for some of the most common content marketing jobs?
The researchers found the foll0wing to be the most common salary bands for the seven job titles examined:
- Marketing associate: $30,000-$49,999
- Content strategist: $50,000-$74,999
- Content writer: $50,000-$74,999
- Managing editor: $50,000-$74,999
- Content director: $100,000-$150,000
- Editorial director: $100,000-$150,000
- Chief content officer: $150,000+
Content Marketing Salary Bonus Eligibility
Some 43% of content marketers say their current role is eligible for a bonus, and 41% say it is not.
B2B brand marketers are more likely to out-earn their B2C peers and more likely to say their role is eligible for a bonus.
Content Marketer Employee Benefits
Some 84% of respondents say their employer offers paid time off, 78% say their employer offers a health plan, and 65% say their employer offers a flexible schedule.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between February 9 and March 23, 2021, among 387 content marketers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Four Ways Marketers Can Increase Their Productivity
- Unlearn So You Can Succeed: Why (And How) You Should Rewrite Your Playbook
- 2023 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- How Much Content Marketers Make: Salaries for Seven Positions
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]