Median and average conversion rates for landing pages vary significantly by industry and by type of page, according to recent research from Unbounce.
The report was based on an analysis of data collected between November 2019 and November 2020 from more than 44,000 Unbounce customer landing pages, 264 million visits to those pages, and 33 million conversions on those pages.
The median conversion rate for restaurant landing pages during the period examined was 9.8%, whereas it was only 2.4% for agency landing pages.
Across almost all industries examined, the median conversion rate was much higher for clickthrough pages (those that ask for no information from the visitor) than for form pages (those that ask the visitor for information).
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of data collected between November 2019 and November 2020 from more than 44,000 Unbounce customer website landing pages, 264 million visits to those pages, and 33 million conversions on those pages.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Websites:
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners