Executives say proficiency in content marketing, strategy, and data/analytics will be the most important skills for marketers in the future, according to recent research from Drift.
The report was based on data from a survey of more than 100 marketing leaders across 25 industries.
Some 53% of respondents say content marketing skills will be essential for the future, 45% say strategy and brand management skills, 41% say data and analytics skills, 40% say customer marketing and insight skills, and 31% say marketing automation skills.
Marketing leaders say the technologies that will have the biggest impact on the future of marketing will be artificial intelligence, martech, video, mobile, and voice/chat/digital assistants.
Marketing leaders say the biggest challenge they face is a lack of talent bandwidth to execute on goals and objectives.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of more than 100 marketing leaders across 25 industries.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Development Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | MarketingProfs Live Show
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]