The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2021 among 253 event professionals in the United States across a variety of industries as well as a survey conducted in 2020 among 270 event professionals meeting the same criteria.
Some 55% of respondents say the virtual events they held in 2020 and 2021 were more effective than they anticipated, and 49% say their virtual events were cost effective.
However, 28% of respondents say they did not see the same business results from virtual events as they did from in-person events.
Some 59% of event professionals say they plan to increase their investment in event technology in 2022. That compares with 45% who said the same in 2021.
Some 26% of event professionals say the most important factor to event success in 2022 will be attracting the right attendees.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November 2021 among 253 event professionals in the United States across a variety of industries as well as a survey conducted in 2020 among 270 event professionals meeting the same criteria.
Continue reading "What Do Event Professionals Think of Virtual Events?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Events:
- Building Communities and the Future of Event Marketing: Mia Masson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Effective Are Marketers at Running Different Types of Events?
- The Secret to Successful B2B Events: Five Tips for Thoughtful Design
- Eight Lessons Learned From Giving 100+ Webinars
- Hybrid-Event Presentations: How to Balance Engagement Across Remote and In-Person Audiences
- How to Survey Attendees to Improve Your Virtual Event Strategy [Sample Questions and Metrics]