The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2021 among 1,732 sales, marketing, and operations professionals at B2B firms.
Some 60% of respondents say leads are sometimes assigned to the wrong owner at their company, 5% say they are assigned to the wrong owner about half the time, and 2% say they are assigned to the wrong owner most of the time.
Only 32% of B2B professionals say leads are never assigned to the wrong owner at their company.
Two-thirds of respondents say they are happy with the process they have in place for matching leads to accounts, whereas a quarter say they are able to match leads to accounts but the process is slow and/or error prone.
Some 30% of respondents say that leads at their firm are manually routed by Sales or Operations, 25% say routing is handled by a marketing automation platform, and 25% say they have native assignment rules in their CRM.
Respondents say more automation is the lead management capability that they'd most like to have but currently do not (32% cite).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2021 among 1,732 sales, marketing and operations professionals at B2B firms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Martech:
- How Salestech Can Embrace Customization at Scale
- Five Powerful Benefits of Chatbots in B2B Marketing
- Customer Data Platform vs. Customer Engagement Platform: Differences and Use-cases
- The Saturated Marketing Tech Landscape: The Case for Consolidation
- Why B2B Salestech and Sales Enablement Tools Don't Meet Expectations
- How AI and the Metaverse Impact the Datasphere [Infographic]