Many marketing agencies are finding it harder to obtain new business this year compared with last year, according to recent research from RSW/US.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among 150 people who work at marketing agencies in the US and Canada.
Some 43% of respondents say obtaining new business in 2022 is harder or much harder than it was in 2021. This compares with only 28% who said obtaining new business was harder in 2021 than it was in 2020.
Some 31% of respondents say the number of new business opportunities for their agency has increased in 2022; that compares with 51% who said the number of new business opportunities increased in 2021.
Among respondents who say obtaining new business has gotten more difficult, the top reasons cited are that it has become harder to break through and that there are fewer opportunities.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among 150 people who work at marketing agencies in the US and Canada.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The New Customer Journey: How to Reach B2B Buyers in 2023
- In the Age of Automation, Focus on Strategy: Agency Best-Practices
- B2B Influencer Marketing—The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Mike Allton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Recognize When It's Time to Expand Into New Digital Marketing Channels
- Direct Mail Marketing in 2023: Top Challenges and Trends
- The Top Priorities of CMOs at Enterprise B2B Firms