The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among 150 people who work at marketing agencies in the US and Canada.
Some 43% of respondents say obtaining new business in 2022 is harder or much harder than it was in 2021. This compares with only 28% who said obtaining new business was harder in 2021 than it was in 2020.
Some 31% of respondents say the number of new business opportunities for their agency has increased in 2022; that compares with 51% who said the number of new business opportunities increased in 2021.
Among respondents who say obtaining new business has gotten more difficult, the top reasons cited are that it has become harder to break through and that there are fewer opportunities.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among 150 people who work at marketing agencies in the US and Canada.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Martech 2024: Three Trend Predictions
- Fundamental Change Is Coming to B2B Marketing in 2024
- Knuckle Down in 2024: Three Predictions for Tough B2B Marketers
- Do More With Less: Six Smart Ways to Balance Brand & Demand to Drive Growth in Tough Times
- What to Keep In-House and When to Use an Agency: A Four-Part Decision Framework
- B2B Marketing Budget and Spend Trends for 2024