The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among more than 1,700 marketers around the world.
Some 42% of respondents say they believe artificial intelligence will be an important emerging technology in 2023. Live video/streaming ranks as the second-most important emerging tech, and the metaverse ranks third.
Marketers say they believe the societal topics and consumer concerns that will have the biggest impact on their marketing strategies in 2023 are a potential economic recession, the environment, and data privacy.
Some 46% of respondents expect to shift their investment balance more towards performance marketing in 2023, and 31% expect to shift their investment balance more towards brand marketing.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among more than 1,700 marketers around the world.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Martech 2023: Three Trends to Expect
- Marketing at the Speed of Thought: AI Use Cases for Four Content Types
- B2B Marketing and AI for Streamlined and Strategic Communications: Peter Prodromou on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Least Stressful Business Software Solutions [Infographic]
- AI for Business and Marketing: What's Possible (And What's Not)
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now