Marketers say they expect AI to be the most important emerging tech of 2023 and the potential impact of a recession to be the most important societal trend, according to recent research from WARC.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among more than 1,700 marketers around the world.
Some 42% of respondents say they believe artificial intelligence will be an important emerging technology in 2023. Live video/streaming ranks as the second-most important emerging tech, and the metaverse ranks third.
Marketers say they believe the societal topics and consumer concerns that will have the biggest impact on their marketing strategies in 2023 are a potential economic recession, the environment, and data privacy.
Some 46% of respondents expect to shift their investment balance more towards performance marketing in 2023, and 31% expect to shift their investment balance more towards brand marketing.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2022 among more than 1,700 marketers around the world.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Martech:
- Six Ways to Unlock Web3 for B2B Marketers
- What Cloud Outages Mean for Your Business [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse: Patrik Wilkens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Essential Digital Marketing Tools for 2023 [Infographic]
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- Martech 2023: Three Trends to Expect