Some 10 million people will likely end up buying the new iPhone 5 in the 10 days after it hits stores on Sept. 21, 2012, and the iPhone 5's release will present a huge mobile app marketing opportunity for brands, according to Fiksu.
To help mobile app marketers and developers understand how to make the most of that opportunity, Fiksu analyzed data from the last big iPhone 4S launch in October 2011. Among its conclusions:
- Between 6-10 million new iPhones are forecast to be sold during the last 10 days of September.
- New users will download apps for months after the launch.
- Leading industry analysts predict Apple could sell as many as 23 million new iPhone 5 devices by the end of 2012.
More data is highlighted in the following infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try