Marketers usually discuss measuring the ROI of social media as a nebulous art or, worse, as an impossibility. However, according to Suzanne Fanning, president of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA), "Everything can be measured."
To dispel the immeasurability myth and others surrounding social media ROI and shed clarity on the subject, WOMMA created an infographic based on information from WOMMA's recently released guidebook, Solving the ROI Riddle: Perspectives From Marketers on Measuring Word of Mouth Marketing.
WOMMA found three top myths regarding social media ROI:
- Measuring "likes" and "followers" equals social media ROI.
- You measure for social media ROI the same way you do for traditional media, such as TV.
- Social media should be measured independently of other channels.
To help banish those misconceptions, check out the following infographic:
Continue reading "Three Myths of Social Media ROI [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- How to Implement Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: Rajkumar Venkatesan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Email Metrics to Optimize Your Campaigns [Infographic]
- Analyzing the Analyst: A Guide to Holistic Analytics for Tracking the Right Metrics
- Measuring Customer LTV: Marketers' Top Approaches and Challenges
- Seven B2B Sales Metrics That Can Help You Plan Your Marketing Strategy