Nevertheless, for marketers, email marketing remains invaluable, even indispensable.
For example, nearly 9 in 10 marketers say email is their primary channel for lead generation, according to Forrester Research.
Moreover, more than half of email marketers say they use email for (in decreasing order of popularity) lead generation and nurturing, enhancing and building brand, driving sales, and strengthening thought leadership. (That's according to B2B Marketing's Email Benchmarking Report from February.)
Among B2B marketers, only 4% say email is "not very important, the same study found.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now: Jay Schwedelson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Email Newsletters: Nine New Best-Practices
- How to Charge Up Your Email Marketing With Video Enhancements
- When and How to Use Plain-Text Email in Marketing: Use Cases, Design Best-Practices
- Email at Scale: How to Increase Campaigns and Manage Complexity