The sales world seems to be in a state of constant change, thanks to the emergence of new technologies.
To explore the most pivotal inventions that have revolutionized sales, Lattice Engines created the following infographic. It starts with Johannes Gutenberg's invention of the printing press (cuneiform and papyrus didn't make the cut) and brings us up to today.
Among the highlights:
1870s: Alexander Graham Bell invents the telephone. This invention greatly diminishes the world of door-to-door sales.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Selling Isn't a Game, It's a Puzzle: Author Ian Altman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Lead-Scoring Accuracy Checklist: How Do You Rate?
- Sales Meeting No-Shows: It's Not You, It's Them (And What You Should Do Next)
- Effective Measurement of ABM Depends on These Four Steps
- The Optimal Sales Cadence: Frequency and Duration Benchmarks