Some 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing, and 86% of B2C marketers do. And no wonder: Customers and clients, and potential customers and clients, respond more favorably to content than they do to advertisements and overt selling.
According to research, some 82% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content, and 70% feel closer to the company, thanks to content marketing.
What's the big draw for customers and for marketers?
According to the following infographic by Demand Metric, the main reasons for using content marking are that content marketing...
- Generates approximately three times as many leads as traditional marketing (per dollar spent).
- Increases direct sales.
- Costs 62% less than traditional marketing.
- Keeps reader attention.
- Improves brand loyalty.
Convinced that content marketing needs to be high on your company's list of priorities? Then look at the following infographic for details about creating a content marketing strategy. Steps include...
- Identifying objectives (such as establishing a benchmark, reviewing marketing objectives, and evaluating the competitive landscape).
- Understanding buyers.
- Identifying gaps (such as what content you have and what you need).
- Building content (such as generating ideas, outlining standards for quality, etc.)
- Organizing distribution (channels, tactics, etc.)
- Measuring return on investment (tracking performance, monitoring your audience, reporting on progress).
Continue reading "A Guide to Marketing Genius: Content Marketing [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Traditional Content Marketing Is Broken—Here's How Amplified Marketing Can Fix It
- The Podcast Boom: Audience and Content Trends
- The Content Preferences of B2B Buyers
- A Marketer's Guide to YouTube for Business: Nick Nimmin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Different Business Teams Distribute Video Content
- The Video Content B2B Buyers Find Most Helpful