Some 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing, and 86% of B2C marketers do. And no wonder: Customers and clients, and potential customers and clients, respond more favorably to content than they do to advertisements and overt selling.
According to research, some 82% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content, and 70% feel closer to the company, thanks to content marketing.
What's the big draw for customers and for marketers?
According to the following infographic by Demand Metric, the main reasons for using content marking are that content marketing...
- Generates approximately three times as many leads as traditional marketing (per dollar spent).
- Increases direct sales.
- Costs 62% less than traditional marketing.
- Keeps reader attention.
- Improves brand loyalty.
Convinced that content marketing needs to be high on your company's list of priorities? Then look at the following infographic for details about creating a content marketing strategy. Steps include...
- Identifying objectives (such as establishing a benchmark, reviewing marketing objectives, and evaluating the competitive landscape).
- Understanding buyers.
- Identifying gaps (such as what content you have and what you need).
- Building content (such as generating ideas, outlining standards for quality, etc.)
- Organizing distribution (channels, tactics, etc.)
- Measuring return on investment (tracking performance, monitoring your audience, reporting on progress).
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Generative AI Can't Create Great Marketing, But It Can Help
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers
- Why Now Is the Time to Add Video to Your Marketing Budget