More than 400 business and marketing professionals from over 200 companies completed the survey, which was designed to assess Marketing's performance: specifically, how marketers use data, metrics, and analytics.
Some of the key findings...
—Just 40% of marketers say measuring Marketing's value and contribution to the business is very important or critical.
—However, less than 10% of senior executives are relying on marketing data to make decisions.
—The C-suite can't relate marketing activity-based metrics to business outcomes.
—The "A" marketers are ahead because they know what their key stakeholders care about.
—These "A" marketers are actually moving two of the most important business outcome needles: market share and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
Check out the following infographic which summarizes key findings from the Forrester/ITSMA/VEM joint study to learn how "A" marketers are measuring business outcomes and using analytics:
Continue reading "Increasing Marketing's Relevance to the Business [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- How to Implement Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: Rajkumar Venkatesan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Email Metrics to Optimize Your Campaigns [Infographic]
- Analyzing the Analyst: A Guide to Holistic Analytics for Tracking the Right Metrics
- Measuring Customer LTV: Marketers' Top Approaches and Challenges
- Seven B2B Sales Metrics That Can Help You Plan Your Marketing Strategy