Do you know whether your sales team is meeting its sales quotas? Following a playbook? Understanding customers' pain?
One sobering fact is that two-thirds of all sales people miss their quotas. According to the research, 67% of sales professional don't meet their individual quotas. Worst of all, 23% of companies don't even know whether their sales teams have achieved their quotas.
Another surprising facts is that only 46% of reps feel their pipeline is accurate.
In addition, 40% of salespeople can't understand customer pain. When dealing with a customer problem, the sales rep is more likely to "panic and offer up the first solution that comes to mind." Only 61% of sales reps feel confident about uncovering customer problems.
Part of the problem with understanding customer pain may be that almost half of sales teams don't have a playbook. The companies that do have a clear process, however, are 33% more likely to be high performers.
To get more must-know stats about sales performance, check out the following infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- Data Providers Need to Allow Independent Audits. Here's Why.
- Eight Ways to Maximize Sales in 2023 [Infographic]
- The Future of SaaS Sales Lies in Interactive Demos and Product-Led Growth
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- How Sales Teams Can Improve Operations With Sales Intelligence Tools
- Has B2B Sales Gotten Easier or Harder Since 2020?