Smart packaging helps its targeted consumers feel an emotional attachment to a brand.
One-third of consumer decision-making is based on packaging, according to research cited by The Paper Worker in the following infographic.
The infographic provides a look at the various elements of product packaging and how they influence consumers.
One crucial element of successful packaging is an icon: "Emotions are often also connected to brand icons as memories and feelings can be brought up on sight, leading to long-term relationships between the brand and the consumer," states The Paper Worker.
Color also heavily influences purchasing decisions, as does typography.
Moreover, design is capable of not only inspiring a purchase from the targeted consumer but also creating a ripple effect: "A friend snapping a photo of attractive packaging and sharing it on Facebook has great potential for being quickly shared by others, therefore attracting new customers," suggests the following infographic.
To find out more about packaging that influences purchases, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Adapt to Changing B2B Tech Buyer Behavior [Infographic]
- Meh on the Metaverse: How Americans Feel About Virtual Worlds
- B2B Tech Buyer Trends: Goodbye Vendor Reps, Hello Self-Service
- How to Identify SQLs Based on Sales Intent Behavior: Awareness Stages and Demand Gen
- Using Behavioral Progressive Profiling to Drive Demand Generation
- How Americans Feel About These 16 Emerging Technologies