Smart packaging helps its targeted consumers feel an emotional attachment to a brand.
One-third of consumer decision-making is based on packaging, according to research cited by The Paper Worker in the following infographic.
The infographic provides a look at the various elements of product packaging and how they influence consumers.
One crucial element of successful packaging is an icon: "Emotions are often also connected to brand icons as memories and feelings can be brought up on sight, leading to long-term relationships between the brand and the consumer," states The Paper Worker.
Color also heavily influences purchasing decisions, as does typography.
Moreover, design is capable of not only inspiring a purchase from the targeted consumer but also creating a ripple effect: "A friend snapping a photo of attractive packaging and sharing it on Facebook has great potential for being quickly shared by others, therefore attracting new customers," suggests the following infographic.
To find out more about packaging that influences purchases, check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Novel Economy, Generation N, and Thriving in a Digital-First Environment: Futurist Brian Solis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Buyers' Top Challenges With Their Current Vendors
- Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?