What are the most important skills that a marketer needs?
The following infographic by Formstack highlights seven skills that companies expect from their marketers.
The ability to understand data ranks high on the list. "Research predicts a shortfall of up to 1.5 million data-savvy managers by 2018," Formstack states.
Technical skills, such as basic coding or video production, also make a job applicant more desirable. "Two of four new marketing hires will require technical skills," according to Formstack.
Knowing how to get along with others ("soft skills") also can help a job applicant get hired. Being able to communicate well and to be flexible is crucial to being an excellent colleague.
Want to know more about what companies want in marketers? Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Seven Skills Marketers Need to Succeed [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- 12 Work-From-Home Productivity Hacks [Infographic]
- Marketing Jobs in 2021: Location and Salary Trends [Infographic]
- Do Hiring Managers Check Job Applicants' Social Media Profiles? [Infographic]
- Avoid Marketing Irrelevance: Stop Asking 'What's Our Budget?' and Start Asking 'What's Our Revenue Target?'
- If Marketing Is As Critical As Sales Is to the B2B Pipeline, Why Don't We Formalize Training for Marketing Teams?