What are the most important skills that a marketer needs?
The following infographic by Formstack highlights seven skills that companies expect from their marketers.
The ability to understand data ranks high on the list. "Research predicts a shortfall of up to 1.5 million data-savvy managers by 2018," Formstack states.
Technical skills, such as basic coding or video production, also make a job applicant more desirable. "Two of four new marketing hires will require technical skills," according to Formstack.
Knowing how to get along with others ("soft skills") also can help a job applicant get hired. Being able to communicate well and to be flexible is crucial to being an excellent colleague.
Want to know more about what companies want in marketers? Check out the infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]
- How to Grow Your Professional Network in the Digital-Only Era
- Four Things Introverts Can Teach Us About Networking