Is your content focusing strictly on pushing sales? It's not 2004! Today's savvy customers expect more from content.
Here's a look at some content-creation tips from a Captora infographic.
"Spend time learning about your customers, and give them content that resonates," suggests Captora. Despite the importance of listening, content marketing's primary focus (47%) is to create content for websites, social media, advertising, and print publications. Communicating regularly with customers and commercial contacts ranks low (5%) on the list.
"Stop creating content in a bubble," recommends Captora. "Feedback and research help! Research your audience to determine meaningful information to share with them, and you'll see the benefits of good content marketing."
To get more tips about content-creation, check out the infographic.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Do Most B2B Marketers Gate Content?
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations