Is your content focusing strictly on pushing sales? It's not 2004! Today's savvy customers expect more from content.
Here's a look at some content-creation tips from a Captora infographic.
"Spend time learning about your customers, and give them content that resonates," suggests Captora. Despite the importance of listening, content marketing's primary focus (47%) is to create content for websites, social media, advertising, and print publications. Communicating regularly with customers and commercial contacts ranks low (5%) on the list.
"Stop creating content in a bubble," recommends Captora. "Feedback and research help! Research your audience to determine meaningful information to share with them, and you'll see the benefits of good content marketing."
To get more tips about content-creation, check out the infographic.
Continue reading "Content Marketers, Quit Selling Like It's 2004 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Impact of Digital Currencies on Future Marketing Efforts: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Snapshot of the Content Creator and Influencer Economy [Infographic]
- Blogging Benchmarks: Word Count, Frequency, Production, and Traffic Trends
- 2022 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
- Does Including Video on Site Landing Pages Boost Conversions?