Do you put off important marketing tasks you need to do—even when you know you'll suffer some consequence?
You're not alone. The cost of procrastination for businesses is $10,396 per year, per employee, according to the following Agil8 infographic.
So, what can you do to stop procrastinating or help your team members stop procrastinating?
"Reduce the uncertainty around a task," suggests Agil8. "Our brains reduce uncertainty as danger."
Also, "chop up a task into smaller assignments," Agil8 recommends. Doing so "makes a task much more manageable and less daunting."
To get more tips for combating procrastination and for a look at the science behind the behavior, click or tap on the infographic—right now!
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills