Hard-sell tactics no longer have a strong effect on consumers. Today, customers want user-friendly interactions with brands.
"Cross-channel marketing is quickly making aggressive, hard sales tactics a thing of the past," states DirectBuy in its infographic.
Customers react more positively to softer tactics. "Soft-selling focuses on building relationships and creating a positive brand impression across various consumer touchpoints," states DirectBuy.
Accordingly, the once-popular sales maxim "Always Be Closing" has become "Always Be Connecting."
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- Empowering Sales Success—The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement: Owen Richards on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Nicolas Cage Can Teach Us About the Challenger Sale
- Your Guide to B2B Appointment-Setting for Better Sales
- The State of B2B Sales in 2023