Hard-sell tactics no longer have a strong effect on consumers. Today, customers want user-friendly interactions with brands.
"Cross-channel marketing is quickly making aggressive, hard sales tactics a thing of the past," states DirectBuy in its infographic.
Customers react more positively to softer tactics. "Soft-selling focuses on building relationships and creating a positive brand impression across various consumer touchpoints," states DirectBuy.
Accordingly, the once-popular sales maxim "Always Be Closing" has become "Always Be Connecting."
To find out more about the best sales tactics for the digital age, click or tap on the infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- How Sales Teams Can Improve Operations With Sales Intelligence Tools
- Has B2B Sales Gotten Easier or Harder Since 2020?
- Why It's Not Your Sales Team's Job to Nurture Leads
- How to Use Marketing Automation to Create Contextual Sales Conversations
- A Powerful Demand Generation Tactic: Lead Magnets and Customer Segmentation, Together