Despite rapid growth in mobile e-commerce, the bulk of the opportunity in m-commerce is still ahead of us, according to an infographic released by Dynamic Yield, a SaaS-based personalization and experience management platform.
Although 60% of online traffic comes from mobile devices, the small screen still accounts for only 16% of conversions, the infographic explains. What's more, average order value on desktops is 50% greater than on mobiles, and nearly 80% of items in mobile carts are abandoned.
Those big gaps offer huge opportunities for retailers, especially as experts expect more than half of e-commerce revenue—totaling nearly $169 billion—to come from mobile devices by the end of 2017, says Dynamic Yield.
So what's a marketer to do? The infographic suggests four steps marketers can take to help consumers make purchases on their mobile devices.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Ways to Catapult Conversion for Mobile
- The Do's and Donâ€™ts of SMS Marketing [Infographic]
- The Time and Cost of Mobile Application Development [Infographic]
- How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]
- Why Your Company Needs a Chatbot (and How to Get One): Bot Academy Founder Andrew Warner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]