Many people think content marketing is relatively new, but it's apparently been around in its current state for at least 100 years.
Cavemen? Yes. The earliest evidence of communication via content is on the walls of caves in Spain, claims the infographic.
More recently—back in 1895—John Deere's The Furrow magazine offered agricultural tips to farmers, and it's often cited as the "unofficial birth of brand publishing," the infographic points out.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- An Easy Three-Step Headline Formula That Grabs Customer Attention in Just Five Minutes (With Examples)
- Underrated Link-Building Tactics That Work Surprisingly Well [Infographic]
- The State of Webinars: Length, Engagement, and Feature Trends [Infographic]
- Win at B2B Content by Finding Your Brand Voice: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Passive-Aggressive Popups and Other Acts of Marketing Self-Sabotage