That leaves 1.7 billion people checking email on their mobile devices, so it's extra important for marketers to make sure emails look good and function well on mobiles.
However, in most industries, conversions from email are far more frequent on desktops than on mobile devices, according to the data.
That's a big gap for marketers to fill, but progress is being made. In the past three years, emails have become more mobile-friendly, and just 23% of emails are now desktop-centric.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?