That leaves 1.7 billion people checking email on their mobile devices, so it's extra important for marketers to make sure emails look good and function well on mobiles.
However, in most industries, conversions from email are far more frequent on desktops than on mobile devices, according to the data.
That's a big gap for marketers to fill, but progress is being made. In the past three years, emails have become more mobile-friendly, and just 23% of emails are now desktop-centric.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends