There are 2.6 billion email users in the world, but only 900 million of them are desktop computer users, according to data cited in an infographic by EasySendy.
That leaves 1.7 billion people checking email on their mobile devices, so it's extra important for marketers to make sure emails look good and function well on mobiles.
However, in most industries, conversions from email are far more frequent on desktops than on mobile devices, according to the data.
That's a big gap for marketers to fill, but progress is being made. In the past three years, emails have become more mobile-friendly, and just 23% of emails are now desktop-centric.
To learn more about how mobile users interact with email, tap or click on the infographic to see a larger version:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Email Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Five Ways to Realign Your Email Marketing to Your Overall Business Goals in 2023
- A 10-Step Plan for Maximizing Email Campaign Effectiveness [Infographic]
- Your Most Important Job as a B2B Email Marketer Is...
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?