The Internet-connected devices that form the Internet of Things (IoT) are used for everything from environmental monitoring to transportation, but many people are still unaware of IoT or how it affects their lives. An infographic published by WebSiteGuide tries to fix that.
One out of five vehicles will have a wireless connection by 2020, and since 2008 there have been more connected devices in the world than there are people, the infographic points out.
Furthermore, there are more than 4.5 million developers working on IoT applications, so it's no wonder the market size of IoT topped $917 billion in 2016, according to data the infographic cites.
And with "enough IPv6 internet addresses for every atom on earth...companies can build an endless number of devices that connect to the internet without running out of IP addresses," the infographic explains.
To see more of these staggering numbers and learn about the Internet of Things, tap or click on the truncated image to see the full infographic:
Continue reading "The Internet of Things: What It Is, How We Use It, and What's Ahead [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Reimagining B2B Customer Experience: A Post-Pandemic Path Forward
- How to Use ABM Tactics to Support Sales and Influence Buying Committee Decisions
- B2B Enterprise Marketing Strategy in a Pandemic World: Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Outcomes Are In: Why Outcome-Based Marketing Is So Successful
- How to Survey Attendees to Improve Your Virtual Event Strategy [Sample Questions and Metrics]