Just when you think you've got search engine optimization down, Google shakes things up. And in 2016, the search behemoth was busy.
The good news for marketers is that the impact of those changes has lessened over the years, the infographic explains.
But marketers should still understand what happened and why. For example, AdWords placement changes had a big effect on clickthrough rates, the infographic says, and the Possum update in September changed how local results rank.
For more on Google's 2016 SEO updates, check out the animated infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO: Chris Rodgers on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- ChatGPT vs. Bard: The Future of Google's Search Dominance
- Unleashing the Power of Pillar-Based Marketing: Ryan Brock on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Healthcare SEO Trends for 2023: AI to the Rescue?