If you've shopped on Amazon, you've probably received a follow-up email to rate your shipping package. Amazon takes packaging seriously, and your business should, too.
After all, packaging doesn't just refer to shipments; retail product packaging often keeps those products from going bad and provides differentiation, according to an infographic published by Direct Packaging Solutions.
And since packaging is the first impression consumers may have of your product, getting packaging wrong can cost you sales.
Luckily, there have been innovations in the packaging world, as the infographic explains, such as retail packaging that allows consumers to feel the product inside the box, new lightweight materials, and packaging that can be safely baked, frozen, or microwaved.
To see more about packaging and some of the innovations and strategies that can help protect, store, and sell your products, check out the infographic. Tap or click to see a larger version:
Continue reading "The Science Behind Superb Packaging [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Rebranding: Five Steps to Building a Story of Evolution and Growth
- Why Marketers Should Build Consumer Trust Through Product Data
- Building a Standout Brand Goes Way Beyond Your Logo: Nick Westergaard on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Reputations of the 100 Most Visible Corporations
- 'Be a Quitter Like Me'—Stories, Connections & Books: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]