If you've shopped on Amazon, you've probably received a follow-up email to rate your shipping package. Amazon takes packaging seriously, and your business should, too.
After all, packaging doesn't just refer to shipments; retail product packaging often keeps those products from going bad and provides differentiation, according to an infographic published by Direct Packaging Solutions.
And since packaging is the first impression consumers may have of your product, getting packaging wrong can cost you sales.
Luckily, there have been innovations in the packaging world, as the infographic explains, such as retail packaging that allows consumers to feel the product inside the box, new lightweight materials, and packaging that can be safely baked, frozen, or microwaved.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Guide to Business Ethics and Social Responsibility [Infographic]
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Old Logo vs. New Logo: How Consumers Feel About Six Brand Redesigns
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]