Remember when we surfed the Internet on a computer or laptop while seated at a desk?
It wasn't that long ago, but times have changed. Now we consume content wherever we are, whether that's at home or at work or en route to a store. And our gadgets have changed from stationary computers to myriad mobile devices that we carry or wear.
Mobile brings a constantly connected mindset, and it's driving changes in the way we—including our customers—consume content and interact with brands, from voice search to chatbots, and from digital assistants to the Internet of Things (IoT).
For instance, the infographic shows that active users of virtual digital assistants are forecast to grow from 390 million (in 2015) to 1.8 billion by the end of 2021. Those digital assistants are driving an increase in voice searches. In 2016, Google announced that 20% of mobile queries are coming from voice searches, according to the infographic.
To see more details about emerging technologies that are changing the way content reaches consumers, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation