As with Facebook ad targeting, Snapchat ad targeting can be a powerful way to target very specific audiences. However, it can also be an overwhelming process for marketers to figure out.
An infographic by Snapchat advertising agency Advertisemint helps clarify the Snapchat advertising process by defining the options for each of six targeting categories:
1. Lifestyle: From bookworms to sports fans, you can target specific lifestyle behaviors.
2. Shoppers: This targeting option allows advertisers to select an audience based on purchases made.
3. Visitors: Target people based on the types of establishments they have visited, from car dealerships to pet stores.
4. Viewers: Target based on television viewing habits.
5. Demographics: From new moms to Spanish speakers, this is your basic demographics category.
6. Devices: This self-explanatory category allows advertisers to target based on the device being used.
The graphic also defines four custom targeting options:
- Match Targeting: Use your current contacts to create a Snapchat audience.
- Lookalike Targeting: Expand your reach to similar users.
- Exclusion Targeting: Target only new subscribers.
- Engagement Targeting: Target based on interaction with other ads, geofilters, and lenses.
To see the full list of Snapchat ad targeting options, click or tap on the infographic for a larger version:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing Into a Profit Center [Infographic]
- Should Brands 'Break Up' With Twitter?
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]