As with Facebook ad targeting, Snapchat ad targeting can be a powerful way to target very specific audiences. However, it can also be an overwhelming process for marketers to figure out.
1. Lifestyle: From bookworms to sports fans, you can target specific lifestyle behaviors.
2. Shoppers: This targeting option allows advertisers to select an audience based on purchases made.
3. Visitors: Target people based on the types of establishments they have visited, from car dealerships to pet stores.
4. Viewers: Target based on television viewing habits.
5. Demographics: From new moms to Spanish speakers, this is your basic demographics category.
6. Devices: This self-explanatory category allows advertisers to target based on the device being used.
The graphic also defines four custom targeting options:
- Match Targeting: Use your current contacts to create a Snapchat audience.
- Lookalike Targeting: Expand your reach to similar users.
- Exclusion Targeting: Target only new subscribers.
- Engagement Targeting: Target based on interaction with other ads, geofilters, and lenses.
To see the full list of Snapchat ad targeting options, click or tap on the infographic for a larger version:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead