As marketers, we very often hear the term "Big Data." Thanks to the latest technologies, we are able to gather data about customers and prospects—and that data can provide a lot of answers. But it also raises a lot of questions.
An infographic by Villanova University’s Online Master of Science in Analytics degree program explains how marketers are using data to reach customers.
The infographic shows where their data is coming from, how companies are using it to drive decisions, and what some of the challenges are that come along with all this available information.
The graphic also breaks down the use of this data into three types of analytics:
- Descriptive: "What happened?"
- Predictive: "What is likely to happen?"
- Prescriptive: "What should be done?"
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)
- Millennials and Gen Z Are Using Social Media Less: Here's How to Earn Their Attention and Loyalty Now
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns