As marketers, we very often hear the term "Big Data." Thanks to the latest technologies, we are able to gather data about customers and prospects—and that data can provide a lot of answers. But it also raises a lot of questions.
An infographic by Villanova University’s Online Master of Science in Analytics degree program explains how marketers are using data to reach customers.
The infographic shows where their data is coming from, how companies are using it to drive decisions, and what some of the challenges are that come along with all this available information.
The graphic also breaks down the use of this data into three types of analytics:
- Descriptive: "What happened?"
- Predictive: "What is likely to happen?"
- Prescriptive: "What should be done?"
To learn more about how marketers use data analytics to reach new and existing customers, check out the full infographic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
Continue reading "How to Use Data to Reach New and Existing Customers [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Campaign Expansion in 2021 Requires B2B Marketing Agencies and PR Firms to Keep Pace With New Market Demands
- Best-Practices for Reaching and Marketing to the C-Suite Audience
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021
- What Are You Going to Do About Your Outdated B2B Buyer Personas?
- Wonderfully Weird Ideas: Scott Trobaugh and Cliff Lewis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]