Healthcare marketers have a unique challenge, because people buy and use healthcare very differently from how they buy most other products and services.
One study found that 88% of doctors' appointments are booked over the phone, and another found that only 2.4% are self-booked online, according to the infographic.
It goes on to explain how marketers can use the phone to acquire and retain patients, such as sourcing how patients found the phone number, integrating call data with your CRM, and using automated and interactive voice notifications to improve communication.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- How Marketers Can Use Identity Graphs to Understand Their Customers Better
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment
- Why Some Companies Are Not Increasing Spend on Generative AI