Since it was founded in 2005, YouTube has become an Internet powerhouse. Acquired by Google shortly after its launch, the video platform has grown to 1.5 billion monthly active users.
The graphic puts together dozens of stats and facts about YouTube. Here are a just a few that might surprise you:
• Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
• Over 40% of videos fall into the category of "people and blogs"; next largest is "gaming," at 14%.
• Within 24 hours of being uploaded, 32% of videos will have been removed for various reasons.
To see more facts about the largest video-viewing platform, check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead