Since it was founded in 2005, YouTube has become an Internet powerhouse. Acquired by Google shortly after its launch, the video platform has grown to 1.5 billion monthly active users.
The graphic puts together dozens of stats and facts about YouTube. Here are a just a few that might surprise you:
• Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
• Over 40% of videos fall into the category of "people and blogs"; next largest is "gaming," at 14%.
• Within 24 hours of being uploaded, 32% of videos will have been removed for various reasons.
To see more facts about the largest video-viewing platform, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy