Since it was founded in 2005, YouTube has become an Internet powerhouse. Acquired by Google shortly after its launch, the video platform has grown to 1.5 billion monthly active users.
The graphic puts together dozens of stats and facts about YouTube. Here are a just a few that might surprise you:
• Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
• Over 40% of videos fall into the category of "people and blogs"; next largest is "gaming," at 14%.
• Within 24 hours of being uploaded, 32% of videos will have been removed for various reasons.
To see more facts about the largest video-viewing platform, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "YouTube Stats, Facts, and Figures for 2017 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions