Progressive Web apps (PWAs) are "experiences that combine the best of the Web and the best of apps," according to Google. No download is required, unlike a traditional mobile app, and the app becomes more powerful "as the user progressively builds a relationship" with it.
Today's infographic by AppInstitute, an app builder, explains more about this technology. For example, PWAs are 15 times faster to load and install than traditional native apps, the infographic says; that reduces the "friction" of downloading an app from an app store.
Progressive Web apps also require far less storage space than native apps, the infographic explains.
It also summarizes case studies by Google that show how companies have used PWAs to create better customer experiences, including AliExpress, which had a massive increase in iOS conversions and doubled pages visited after it introduced a PWA.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Do's and Donâ€™ts of SMS Marketing [Infographic]
- The Time and Cost of Mobile Application Development [Infographic]
- How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]
- Why Your Company Needs a Chatbot (and How to Get One): Bot Academy Founder Andrew Warner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Mobile App Development Trends in 2018 and Beyond [Infographic]